Last updated: 26 August 2017
Populix (“us” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Information We May Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website such as your name, address, date of birth, and email address. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use sections of the Website, entering any competition or promotion or contacting us for any other reason;
- records of your correspondence (if any) with us;
- details of transactions you carry out through the Website; and
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and statistical analysis. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookies. A cookie is a small file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
The Cookies our Website Uses
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
This cookie is essential for the Website to operate. It allows us to synchronise your login status between the forum section of the Website and the other sections of the Website.
This cookie is essential for the Website to operate. It allows us to remember your details during your current visit to the Website.
This cookie is a functionality cookie which automatically logs users in if their “session” cookie has expired. This allows you to navigate away from the Website and then return to the Website in the same browsing session.
This is an analytical / performance cookie. The Website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the Website, collecting standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymised form from which no user is identifiable. This information is transmitted to Google and processed to compile statistical reports on activity on the Website. These reports allow us to optimise our user experience. Google provide a browser add-on for users who wish to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics. Further information is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
You may block cookies by activating settings on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of some or all cookies. If you do so choose to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or some parts of the Website.Most cookies we use are known as session cookies. These cookies will expire whenever you close your browser or shut down your computer, and such cookies need not be blocked. Other cookies used for specific purpose will expire when that purpose is no longer required. You can find out more about blocking cookies in specific browsers at http://aboutcookies.org.
Where We Store your Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the EEA. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will use our best endeavours to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use suitable procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- records of your correspondence (if any) with us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and ourselves, including our Terms of Service; and
- to provide you with information regarding our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
Except as provided below, we do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to third parties and will not share your personal information with third party advertisers.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- who help us run the Website, solely for the purposes of running the Website and performing the transactions concluded through the Website. These third parties include (but are not limited to) Stripe and PayPal (who are our payment processing service providers);
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.