Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 26 August 2017
Thank you for visiting our website populix.co (the “Website”). The following legal terms govern your use of the Website and you should read them carefully.
These legal terms include:
- Terms of Service - Different Terms of Service will apply to you depending on whether you are using our Services as a Researcher http://populix.co/termsresearcher or a Participant http://populix.co/termsparticipant Our Terms of Service and govern our provision, and your use, of the service we provide through the Website. This service comprises the provision of an online platform through which researchers can conduct, and participants can take part in, online research studies, and are described in more detail in our Terms of Service.
Information about us
The website populix.co (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Populix (“we” or “us”) registered in Indonesia.
Accessing the Website
Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we may withdraw or amend the services we provide on the Website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We may restrict access to some parts of the Website to users who have registered with us. In particular, access to our platform for submission of and participation in research studies is available only to registered members and is subject to further Terms of Service.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You must not use any part of the materials on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The Website Changes Regularly
We aim to update the Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Linking to the Website
You may link to the home page of the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
Linking from the Website
Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Our website integrates Facebook, which means that if you subscribe to the services provided by Facebook, Inc. you can use those services as integrated into our website. Your use of those services (and any related use of your personal information) will be governed by the applicable terms and conditions of Facebook, Inc.
Access to the Website is provided “as is” and your use of the Website is at your own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law:
- we expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, under the common law, or otherwise;
- we expressly exclude any liability for any indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, however caused;
- unless you have entered into any contract with us for the supply of services we expressly exclude any liability for any direct loss or damage incurred by you in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, however caused; and
- if you have entered into a contract with us for the supply of services in accordance with our Terms of Service below, our liability to you in relation to those services shall be subject to such limitations and exclusions as may be set out in those Terms of Service.
Information about you and your visits to the Website
Viruses, hacking, prohibited uses and other offences
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards; or
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans or any other malicious items. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Breach, suspension and termination
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Website and/or our services;
- issue a warning to you;
- issue legal proceedings against you; or
- disclose your information to law enforcement authorities as appropriate.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law