Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 13 October 2017
The website populix.co (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Populix (“we” or “us”) registered in Indonesia.
The service we offer via the Website (the “Service”) consists of the provision of a platform for academics on which to conduct online research studies, pre-designed by researchers and entered into and completed by participants (whom we have automatically pre-screened) in return for payment by the researcher, facilitated by us.
We may amend any term or condition of these Terms of Service any time at our sole discretion and will notify our registered users of any such amendments. Your continued use of the Service following such notice will constitute acceptance by you of such amendments.
“Participant” means participants who make Submissions in return for a Reward;
“Researcher”“Researcher” means academic or commercial researchers who post Studies to the Website to be completed by Participants in return for a Reward;
“Reward” means the sums to be allocated and paid to Participants out of the Study Cost in return for the successful completion of Studies by Participants; and
“Study” means a study conducted by a Researcher using the Service; and
“Submission” means the completion by a Participant of a Study in return for a Reward.
To register to use the Service and make Submissions as a Participant you must enter your first and second name, email address, and choose a password. Alternatively you may register using your existing Facebook account. You will then be asked to provide further personal information for the purposes of pre-screening to ensure that you participate only in those Studies that you qualify and are suitable for. Pre-screening information may include demographic information such as your age, ethnicity and nationality (although these are non- limited examples). We may from time to time request that you provide further information or documentation to verify your pre-screening information, and you may not be able to participate in certain Studies unless we have verified your pre-screening information to our satisfaction. By applying for registration to use the Service you warrant and undertake (as the context requires):
- that you are at least 18 years old;
- that you have authority to enter into legally binding contracts and that you agree to be bound by all terms and conditions of these Terms of Service;
- that all the information provided to us for the purpose of registering for the Service istrue, accurate, current and complete in all respects;
- that you authorise the electronic transfer of funds to us and from us in accordance with the ‘Payments’ section of these Terms of Service;
- to notify us immediately of any changes to the information provided on registration or to your personal information; and
If we have reason to believe that any information provided to us is false then we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account with immediate effect.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password or has made any use of your account, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
Studies and Submissions
Studies will be listed on the Website from time to time. We do not moderate Studies and are not responsible for their content. Any participation by you in any Study is at your own risk.
You may, before participating in a Study, be required to agree to such additional terms and conditions as may be included in the Study. This is an agreement between you and the Researcher and we accept no liability in relation to such agreement or the contents of such terms and conditions. In particular, please note that while the majority of Studies are anonymous, the use by the Researcher of any personal information you communicate in the course of a Study will be governed by such additional terms as you have agreed with the Researcher.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your Submission is of reasonable quality and meets the specific requirements of the Study. You accept that if your Submission does not meet the requirements of the Study, or is determined by the Researcher in the Researcher’s discretion not to be of reasonable quality, you may not be paid any Reward or may be paid only a partial Reward.
Your Submission must not contain any offensive or illegal material. Submissions to Studies are not moderated by us and we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate Submissions. We shall have no involvement in the resolution of any disputes between you and Researchers which arise as a result of or which are related to the Service.
Subject to any terms and conditions to the contrary in any Study, all intellectual property rights in any Submissions are owned by you.
We will process all Rewards in connection with the Service. Rewards are received by us from Researchers prior to each Study being posted on the Website and may be disbursed only in accordance with the terms outlined below. The Reward to which Participants are entitled for taking part in any Study will be listed at the same time as the Study. After you complete a Study, you will need to wait until your Submission is approved by the Researcher before receiving the relevant Reward. If the Submission does not meet the Researcher's reasonable satisfaction, the Researcher may reject the Submission and no Reward shall be rendered to you. Approval (or rejection) of Submissions by Researchers will usually be within 24-48 hours of your completion of the Study. Unless rejected, all Submissions will be automatically approved three weeks after submission. If your Submission is approved by the Researcher, we will apply the Reward to your account on the Website within seven working days of such approval. You may request payment of accumulated Rewards from time to time, provided that you have accumulated at least Rp 50.000 at the time of request. If your Submission is approved by the Researcher, we will apply the Reward to your account on the Website within seven working days of such approval. You may request payment of accumulated Rewards from time to time, provided that you have accumulated at least Rp 50,000,- at the time of request. Rewards shall be paid in Indonesian Rupiah and shall be inclusive of tax unless stated otherwise.
- in circumstances beyond our control (including, but not limited to, natural disasters, failures of telecommunications networks, power failure, data loss and the acts of any government) which prevent the proper execution of the transaction;
- if we are unable to confirm your identity or have reason to believe that the transfer requested is unauthorised;
- if we believe that you are in violation of these Terms of Service; or
- if any dispute exists involving your nominated account or Submission.
If your account has remained inactive (i.e. you have not taken part in any Studies) for a period of twelve months, then we may close your account and dispose of any unclaimed Rewards on your account linked to your account (if the accumulated Rewards exceed Rp 50,000,-) or retaining them ourselves (if the accumulated Rewards total less than Rp50,000,-.
Nothing in these Terms of Service shall give rise to a relationship of employer and employee between you and us or between you and any Researcher. Please note that all Rewards earned through your use of the Service may constitute income for which you have personal tax liabilities which may be notifiable to the Inland Revenue. You warrant and undertake that you will pay any applicable taxes on all income derived from Rewards.
Limitation of Liability
Except as expressly and specifically provided in these Terms of Service:
- all warranties, representations, conditions and all other terms of any kind whatsoever implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, excluded from these Terms of Service; and
- the Service is provided on an "as is" basis.
Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms of Service, nothing will affect or limit your statutory rights; or will exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury resulting from our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any matter for which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Subject to the above:
we shall not be liable whether in tort (including for negligence or breach of statutory duty), contract, misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise for any:
- loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses or loss or corruption of data or information, or pure economic loss, or
- special, indirect or consequential loss; and
our total aggregate liability to you under or in relation to these Terms of Service or their subject matter (whether in tort (including for negligence or breach of statutory duty), contract, misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise) shall not in any event exceed a sum equal to whichever is the higher of:
- the Commission retained by us (in relation to Studies you have posted) during the period of six months immediately preceding the data on which the event or occurrence giving rise to our liability took place; or
- Rp. 500,000,- (500 thousand Indonesian Rupiah).
- any matter for which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
This clause does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
You acknowledge that you use the Service at your own risk. We shall have no involvement in the resolution of any disputes between you and Participants which arise as a result of or which are related to the Service.
You may at any time elect to stop using the Service. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to close your account. If you wish to close your account, it is your responsibility to ensure that any funds in your account are withdrawn before closure.
We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your access to the Service immediately and without notice to you, and terminate your contract with us under these Terms of Service, if:
- you are in breach of any term or condition of these Terms of Service (repeatedly or otherwise);
- you are impersonating any other person or entity;
- when requested by us to do so, you fail to provide us within a reasonable time with sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity; or
- we suspect you have engaged, or are about to engage, or have in anyway been involved, in fraudulent or illegal activity in relation to the Service.
If we terminate or suspend your access to the Service for any of the reasons set out above then:
- any Submission that has been completed by a Participant but not yet accepted by you will be deemed accepted and the applicable Reward will be remitted to the Participant and deducted from your account and
- we may retain your remaining account balance (if any) and set it off against any liability you may have to us.
Assignment. You may not assign the benefit of these Terms of Service without our prior written consent. We may assign the benefit of these Terms of Service at any time, without notice. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms of Service will be binding on each party's successors and permitted assigns.
No Waiver. No failure or delay by us to exercise any right or remedy provided under these Terms of Service or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
Notices. All notices relating to these Terms of Service will be sent by e-mail or will be posted on the Website. We will send notices to you at the e-mail address maintained in our records for you. You must send notices to us at email@example.com. E-mail notices are deemed written notices for all purposes for which written notices may be required. E-mail notices are deemed received the business day after transmission if properly addressed to the intended recipient and if no error or server message indicating non- delivery has been received by the sender.
Jl. Kh. Mas Mansyur No. 68B
Tanah Abang, Jakarta Pusat 10230
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday - Sunday: CLOSED